Monday, August 24, 2009

Welcome!

It was great to see some of you at the open house this afternoon. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow morning at 8am! We line up at door 6W in line #12. From there, we'll walk down to our classroom door and enter the building right into our room. I will dismiss students from that door as well. I will make sure all students are with an adult (or older sibling if you let me know) - I won't just send them out. If someone different than usual ever picks your child up, please let me know ahead of time.
The best way to reach me is by email: svietzen@op97.org Provided I have a working classroom computer soon, I almost always see an email within an hour, and try my best to respond within a day.
Our classroom is air conditioned, (your student may even want a sweatshirt to keep in the room)though not all parts of the building are. Students are welcome to have a water bottle in the classroom, preferably with a sports top to prevent spills (reusable bottles are even better!) Students are also welcome to bring a fresh fruit or vegetable snack in the morning and/or afternoon. Many students may need you to peel or cut hard-to-eat food.
Mondays and Fridays are our P.E. days, starting this week - don't forget your gym shoes!