Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Helping Out in the Classroom

We are well into our classroom routines! If you are interested in helping out in the classroom once a week, please let me know. It would be for about an hour at a time. I could use a parent at the writing center to help students with topic ideas and sounding out. I could also use someone with iPhone or iPad experience/ just-enough-confidence who could help out with a small group of students using a variety of educational apps.

Here are some times I would appreciate some help:
Monday: 10-11
Tuesday: 8:30-9:30
Wednesday: 8:30-9:30
Thursday: 8:30-9:30
Friday: 10-11

In the past, some parents have partnered up and taken every other week. That way it's not as big of a commitment for you and you have a "sub" if something else comes up.
If you were to volunteer, please respect all our different levels of ability and learning styles, and keep interactions with other students confidential.

I realize not everyone can help out on a regular basis. I occasionally have some "at home" work. (Right now I could use help tearing pages out of workbooks to make the pre-decodable books that have been going home.) If you'd like to visit the class to read a story, email me to set up a time. Also, with the holidays approaching, please let me know if your family has any special traditions you'd like to share with the class.